Concrete is just one of the many ways you can have the perfect looking concrete surface that you want without spending too much money! But, concrete staining is not a simple process as often, you usually only have only one chance to do it right!
Improper concrete staining could take just a few moments to go wrong so proper care is important before going ahead and doing the job! Remember that this job should be done only by professional concrete stairs or the result will look very unprofessional! Here are some tips to help you prepare for the concrete staining job:
* Make sure the area is dry and cool – this makes staining a lot easier. You need to wait until the area is completely dry before you start. Before beginning, make sure to check the area and make sure there is no moisture.
* Prepare all tools that you need for the concrete staining job. You will need a staining gun, paintbrush, primer, stain, grout pad, and masonry sealer. Make sure all tools are in working condition and are not broken. This will help you do the concrete cleaning right from the beginning.
* Make sure you have all the ingredients for the staining solution and supplies you’ll need. This includes a mix of water and bleach, turpentine, ammonia, and a little bit of bleach (in case you use too much!). Mix the chemicals and add the water. Apply the mixture on the floor where the stain is most likely to appear. Let it stand for a couple of hours, then wipe the stained area with a damp sponge.
* Rinse the area thoroughly to remove the stain and allow the stain to dry naturally. Make sure you don’t leave it overnight because it will cause the stain to set in which makes the job harder. the stains will get even darker.
* After the stain has dried, reapply the stain to the concrete and gently buff the area using an abrasive material such as a marble pad or steel wool to remove all the excess stain. If you have to, add a little bit of additional sealant to make the surface soft and shiny again.
As you can see, there are lots of steps to take to get your new concrete looking exactly the way you want it. The right professional concrete stainer will ensure that all your hard work gets the proper attention!
If you’re thinking about hiring someone, first decide how many coats you want – you’ll need about three coats for the best results. You will also need to decide whether you want to get the stain color – white, yellow, or tan.
Next, you’ll need to find a concrete surface expert. Look around your area for good contractors that will be able to show you the best places to get started and will show you the best prices.
Next, you’ll need to choose a contractor who is friendly and easy to talk to. In the city, especially, contractors are notoriously competitive and the best one to go with will be someone friendly, flexible, willing to listen to what you have to say, and will meet you halfway when it comes to pricing. They should also be willing to meet with you and discuss the whole project in detail so you know exactly what’s being done and to give you a realistic time frame. and how long it’ll take.
Finally, if you think that you can do the job yourself, do it – but if not, let the contractor do it for you. You’ll pay more, but you’ll get the finished product and have a great looking, professionally stained floor.
Don’t hesitate to call Concrete New Orleans if you feel uncomfortable doing the concrete cleaning or staining yourself. You will be glad you did!